Thursday, 10 July 2014

Dartmouth Heritage Museum Models


Make sure you visit the Dartmouth Heritage Museum's "Models, Miniatures & More" exhibit at their Evergreen House (26 Newcastle Street, Dartmouth). I thoroughly enjoyed my visit on July 9, 2014.



When I was a child, my parents took my sister and me to the old Dartmouth Heritage Museum (it has since been demolished). I remember being in awe with all the models of historic Dartmouth scenes (especially the Dartmouth blockhouse). They are now out of storage and on display at the historic Evergreen House (which was the home of famous folklorist Dr. Helen Creighton). The staff of the Dartmouth Heritage Museum have been very helpful to me (in my own research) and I'm sure they can help you with your own local historical investigations. Please visit them and give a donation to help them stay afloat!


Example of Dartmouth Heritage Museum's display paneling (Dartmouth's early town plot) for the model exhibit.
Photo: David Jones, July 9, 2014.
Dartmouth Blockhouse model. Photo: David Jones, July 9, 2014.
 
Dated description of Blockhouse model. Photo: David Jones, July 9, 2014.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment